Monday, February 8, 2010

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain

It's currently raining off and on. Nothing too heavy, but there are little spurts of heavy rain every once in a while.

Somebody came to pick up my computer on Friday! That was excellent. I called the shipping company (because I was told they had to) and they told me somebody was coming to pick it up that morning. Not 15 minutes later, somebody showed up. That was an interesting coincidence. Now I just have to wait for it to get fixed, which will hopefully be soon.

Also on Friday, we went to the Museo del Prado for my art class. It was really fantastic seeing all those paintings. I could literally spend days inside that museum and not see the same thing twice or get bored- it is quite big. That night Karen and I took a bus to Bilbao. We got in late, so the weekend really started on Saturday morning. We went to the Guggenheim Art Museum, which was awesome. They had a whole floor of Frank Lloyd Wright's work (mostly sketches). It really amazes me how much that man did. The rest of the museum was cool too. That day we also walked around the city for a while, doing some shopping and taking pictures. It was raining a bit, so that was slightly obnoxious, but it was what we expected. We also went to a maritime museum, which was really cool. They had a lot of pictures from all around the world that somebody had taken while they were diving, and it really made me want to go diving. I stayed out probably the latest I have ever stayed out that night.

On Sunday morning we checked out of our hostel and then walked around the river that winds through the city. We got lots of cool pictures, especially of the Guggenheim. There were a lot of boats rowing on the river, too- I have no idea why. Mainly we just walked around the city and then we had to catch a bus to get home. We got in a bit late, and then I just went to bed. I slept for a long time last night because I didn't sleep much this weekend. It was glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment